What is ControlRoom?
ControlRoom is a next generation controller for your digital audio workstation. It uses the power of virtual reality to enhance your music production workflow.
The ControlRoom system has three main components:
- ControlRoom VR, running on an Oculus Quest, Rift, or Rift S
- ControlRoom Hub, an app that runs on your DAW computer.
- ControlRoom DAW Plugins – ControlRoom Channel and ControlRoom Master (AAX/VST3/AU)
ControlRoom seamlessly combines three methods of DAW control:
- Direct control over your DAW’s built-in transport, mixer, sends, and automation. (OSC with Ableton Live, and HUI with Pro Tools)
- Custom midi mapping of our 3D tools to any midi-enabled DAW parameter
- Deeply integrated native control of our proprietary plugins, starting with the Spatial Mixer built into ControlRoom Channel
ControlRoom VR can be run on Oculus Quest, Rift, or Rift S. You can control your DAW’s transport, mixer, sends, and automation with the virtual mixing console; custom map any midi enabled DAW parameter to an array of expressive 3D tools; and mix in a revolutionary and intuitive way with the Spatial Mixer.
ControlRoom includes access to the ControlRoom Channel and Master plugins. Not only are they designed to be the most musical sounding and mix ready channel strips in your arsenal, they include the unique Spatial Panner with custom Proximity DSP. These plugins can be instantiated on any track in your DAW, and the Spatial Panner can be controlled directly from VR with the 3D Spatial Mixer tool. Available for AAX, VST3, and AU.
ControlRoom Hub is an easy-to-use Mac/PC application that runs on your DAW computer. This is the place to configure your ControlRoom settings and map controls for your DAW. Additionally, it’s the middleman between your VR headset and your DAW, facilitating all the necessary two-way communication over your local wifi network.
Interactions with ControlRoom tools are translated into MIDI data and sent to your DAW with extremely low latency. Once mapped to your plugins via the Hub, your VR tools allow you to manipulate multiple parameters simultaneously in three dimensions, giving you an unprecedented level of expression. It’s the only way to truly unlock the potential of your existing plugins.